Lead Software & Data Engineer (H/F) – Airport solutions – Brussels
Our client and the opportunity
Our client is a multinational firm in airport solutions. It provides integrated solutions that boost efficiency, improve safety, raise environmental sustainability and reduce operational costs for airports and airlines. These solutions tackle every aspect of air traffic handling and guidance, from approach, to runway and taxiway lighting, to tower-based traffic control systems, to intelligent gate and docking automation.
Today, our client accelerates its software’s activity by launching its new analytics business unit. As a Lead Software & Data Engineer you will be responsible for the organization and the coordination of the solution’s technical development and implementation.
Type of profile
- Master Degree / PhD in Computer Science or Engineering
More than 5 years of experience is expected.
- Understand business needs (use cases) and translate it into technical and data requirements
- Prepare business cases integrating costs and timeline for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development & support
- Design, specify and select information system solutions while considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance
- Leverage the SCRUM methodology to ensure product delivery with POC, sprints, etc.
- Manage software development team
- Assess data availability & quality and build plans to fill gaps in data or/and mitigate missing data
- Develop, maintain and improve the enterprise data architecture
- Experience working in an international, multicultural and entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in back-end and/or front-end development
- Expertise in data warehousing systems and highly proficiency in working with both traditional relational databases and NoSQL technologies
- Expertise in highly scalable distributed systems architecture, using opens source tools (e.g., Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience with data analysis programming languages (e.g., Python, R)
- Experience in data visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI)
- Experience in DevOps or in Ops (software factory, continuous release…)